Walt Disney’s original Disneyland opened on July 17th 1955.
This Saturday marks the 55th anniversary of Walt’s original Magic Kingdom.
Here’s a listing of events this week from Betsy Sanchez over at the official Disney Parks Blog
- Special edition park maps will be available all week, and the image above is a sneek peek at what they’ll look like.
- Now through July 17, select Disneyland dining locations offer commemorative 55th Anniversary cakes.
- Select merchandise locations will offer 55th Anniversary candy packaging and cupcakes with the 55th Anniversary logo.
- On July 17…
- At noon the dedication ceremony will take place in Town Square.
- At 4:15 pm join the cast in singing Happy Birthday to our beloved Disneyland.
- Check out the 55th Anniversary Art & Collectible merchandise event with artists Dave Avanzino, Jody Daily, Kevin Kidney and Noah will be held at The Disney Gallery from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Have you heard the buzz? It’s all in the bag… or that’s what I hear. Look for a special event taking place at Disney Vault 28 from 2 – 4 pm.
- Wear a smile from “ear to ear” with a special Mickey Mouse Ear Hat featuring premium embroidery that reads “D 55th,” July 17, 2010, available exclusively on July 17.