New on DVD is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s Great Outdoors.
My son and I used to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all the time (when he was preschool age) and I made sure we had episodes record to my DVR so he’d be able to watch whenever he wanted. Now, 5 years later, the show is still going strong on the Disney Junior hours of Disney Channel and you can have 5 episodes on DVD to watch at home Whenever you want. You could even take it with you on a road trip with the kids if you have a portable DVD player in your vehicle. Better still, this is the first Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to include a digital copy, so you can load it up on to your portable device (like a laptop or an iPod touch) for viewing. Personally, I think I’d stick with the laptop on that last one. Where having the digital copy is nice, I don’t think I’d put some of today’s expensive (easy to break) electronics in the hands of a toddler!
The show (as always) is very interactive and continues to keep kids engaged by giving them exercises within each story. From recognizing colors, shapes and objects to counting exercises or even having kids sing and dance along, kids will definitely remain entertained and even sometimes active!
You can purchase the DVD with, or without the “Mickey Mote”, which your child can use along with the DVD’s two levels of “Discovery Mode” which adds extra replay value to the DVD. If you already have a Mickey Mote, then just go out and get the DVD only. The “Discovery Mode” option is still there and works with your existing Mickey Mote from any of the over 13 or so Disney preschool titles that come with the child-friendly remote control. While in Discovery Mode your child will be quizzed at random points in an episode and asked questions like “what color are the trees in the Clubhouse Camping Badge?”. Your child will get to answer using the colors or shapes on the Mickey Mote. And don’t worry, for those of you without the Mickey Mote, your DVD remote control will work for Discovery Mode too!
As an added bonus for your child, the DVD comes with a removable liner insert that has activities on one half of the page, and a coloring page where your child can color their own version of the DVD’s cover.
Click the DVD cover below if you don’t already have a copy and would like to purchase from our partners over at Amazon.com
MICKEY’S GREAT OUTDOORS EPISODE LIST:
All-New, Never-Before-Seen Bonus Episode:
• Mickey’s Fish Story – Daisy wants to find a fishy-friend for her goldfish Goldy – and we help her find other goldfish in the Jungle where we’re aided by the mysterious conga drummin’ Jungle-Pete! Boom-boom-bap-boom!
Episodes From “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” TV Show:
• Mickey’s Camp Out – Today Mickey and his friends are going to earn Clubhouse “Camp Out Badges” by completing two tasks – setting up camp and fishing for Gummy Fish. Everyone’s planning to camp with a “Tent Buddy”, but Donald decides to camp by himself – and he soon learns that camping with friends is much more fun than camping by yourself.
• Mickey and Minnie’s Jungle Safari – Minnie is determined to snap a photo of the rare Hula Hibiscus that only blooms once a year. So the sensational gang go off on a jungle safari and explore new territory to find this legendary flower.
• Daisy in the Sky – On Balloon Day, Daisy grabs a large batch of balloons and gets literally carried away along with Minnie and Pluto, who couldn’t hold her down. Mickey, Donald and Goofy kick into high gear to save their friends: they use a Giant Candy Cane (to rescue Pluto), a Party Horn (to warn animals out of the way), a Piggy Bank (to weigh down one side of an elevator so that Mickey can reach the top of the lighthouse), and a Toy Hammer (to fix the Ferris wheel).
• Daisy’s Grasshopper – Daisy has a new pet grasshopper named Wilbur, but the playful hoppin’ fella hops away – and we help all our Clubhouse friends hop after him and find him before the end of the day. Boing-boing!