Separate-ticket ‘Mickey’s Halloween Party’ Offers Trick-or-Treating, Special Fireworks In Disneyland Park on 13 Special Nights in 2013
Friday the 13th – Sept. 13, 2013 – will offer extra chills this year at the Disneyland Resort. On that day, The Happiest Place on Earth gets spookier as Halloween Time returns with Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes, a Dia de los Muertos celebration and the special after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park. In addition, popular attractions are transformed for the season into Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy as the Disneyland Resort celebrates Halloween Time through Halloween, Thursday, Oct. 31.
Halloween Time will get underway this year with “Villains Unleashed,” a one-night-only Limited Time Magic celebration of Disney Villains on Friday, Sept. 13, in Disneyland Town Square. Villains such as Captain Hook, the Queen of Hearts, Judge Frollo from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” and Lady Tremaine from “Cinderella” will appear for photos and character greetings, and guests will be invited to “Party Like a Villain.”
The Halloween Time celebration offers frightful fun for guests of all ages, with favorite attractions such as The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure Park, where a “supernatural” event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building with spine-tingling fun. Also at Disney California Adventure, the nighttime Mad T Party in Hollywood Land gets some new Halloween spice. Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee welcome guests to a “Dead Man’s Party” featuring Halloween music and a chilling new look for the Mad T Party band.
At Disneyland, guests enjoy the thrills of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland. The experience begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed through space. The exhilarating drops and curves are punctuated by piercing screams, creepy sound effects and haunting music.
Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring Haunted Mansion Holiday back to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed with a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film “Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas.” This year, in celebration of Haunted Mansion Holiday’s 13th year, guests can look for new surprises within the Mansion.
In addition to Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy:
- Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland is transformed for the Pumpkin Festival, with hundreds of pumpkins on display, no two of them the same.
- Disney Villains will be conjured up in a sideshow tent at the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland.
- Guests at the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch also will find favorite Disney characters in Halloween costumes, along with pumpkin carvers, Halloween décor and activities for youngsters.
- Pirates League moves into Halloween Carnival this year. At Pirates League, guests age three and up can live their pirate dreams and learn the ways of the seven seas by choosing one of four pirate transformation options: Jake and the Never Land Pirates, First Mate, Empress (created especially for pirate princesses) and a new Ghost Pirate makeover. For Pirates League reservations call 714-781-STYLE / 714-781-7895.
- Frontierland observes Dia de los Muertos with a traditional skeleton display that will remain through Sunday, Nov. 3.
- Mickey’s Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event* for trick-or-treating families, has expanded to a spooky total of 13 special nights this year, in Disneyland. Tickets are available at Disneyland.com/Halloween for Mickey’s Halloween Party on Friday, Sept. 27; Tuesday, Oct. 1; Friday, Oct. 4; Tuesday, Oct. 8; Friday, Oct. 11; Tuesday, Oct. 15; Friday, Oct. 18; Monday, Oct. 21; Wednesday, Oct. 23; Friday, Oct. 25; Monday, Oct. 28; Wednesday, Oct. 30; and Thursday, Oct. 31.
A fun new feature of Mickey’s Halloween Party is the “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace. Class time is over and the students of Monsters University join Halloween Time guests in a family-friendly frat party with the most popular students from Monsters U, Mike & Sulley.
Mickey’s Halloween Party invites adults and children to dress up in costume and trick-or-treat at Disneyland. These party participants also may arrive before the party to “mix in” with regular Disneyland guests for three hours prior to the start of Mickey’s private bash. Highlights of Mickey’s Halloween Party include:
- The special opportunity to play in Disneyland for three hours before the party starts
- Trick or Treating – candy and healthy treats - in the ultimate Disney neighborhood
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party)
- “Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly
- The Cadaver Dans ghoul quartet, performing Halloween-themed tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America in New Orleans Square and Frontierland
- Dance parties, where guests will “boo-gie” to lively music
- An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costumes
- Photo locations with popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
- Nearly all the favorite Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
- Complimentary parking for one standard-size vehicle
Tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party purchased in advance are $59 most days, while tickets purchased on the event days are $67. All tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party on Wednesday, Oct. 30, and Halloween Night, Thursday, Oct. 31, are $74. Mickey’s Halloween Party is a non-smoking event. Smoking will be permitted in the Esplanade outside the Disneyland Main Entrance.
For more information about Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort, see www.disneyland.com/halloween. This site will be updated with frightfully fun details.